Now that I've been home more, I find myself baking everyday.
One of my favorite memories as a child is baking with my grandma's. This really sparked my love of food and baking at a young age. I thought it would be fun to bake with one of my little kiddos, and let's be honest it's a lot more entertaining then just watching me bake cookies.
Here is little J. shows us how to make delicious, kid approved Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies! Recipe below!
How do you think he did? I think he's a natural!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
1 cup Vegan butter (I used Vegan Becel)
2/3 cup Granulated sugar
3/4 cup Brown sugar, lightly packed
2 Flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax and 5 tbsp water. Stir and let sit for 5 mins until thick)
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour (I use Namaste to make these gluten free)
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup Vegan chocolate chunks, semisweet (add more depending on preference)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix vegan butter, white and brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, flaxseed egg.
3. Mix flour and baking soda together. Add vegan chocolate chips.
4. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Scoop medium size cookie dough balls on to a lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes in the oven.
6. Once they're done let them sit for 5 minutes to cool and enjoy!
Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!